WIAA Education & Research Foundation
The WIAA Education & Research Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c).3 corporation established in November, 2007. The Foundation was formed as a separate entity by the Western Insurance Agents Association (WIAA), the premier independent property & casualty insurance agents association in the West.
The mission of the Foundation is to advance the knowledge base of those involved in and associated with the insurance industry and its affiliated communities by providing and promoting high quality educational support, scholastic financial assistance and a facility for research.
The WIAA Education & Research Foundation is governed by a board of directors comprised of prominent independent agents and WIAA staff executives.
Highlights of the Foundation include:
- Education - high quality, cost-effective training covering such topics as:
- Commercial lines, personal lines and workers' comp
- Agency operations
- Business expansion programs (such as financial products)
- Scholarships - financial grants for insurance and business training
- Research - examining and discussing issues that affect the insurance environment
Strategic industry partners will be sought to provide or assist in developing valuable training, scholarships programs and research initiatives.